This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  r-mikolajuk 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
    r-mikolajuk
    Number of posts: 26

Follow-up of https://developer.esignlive.com/forums/topic/emailmessage-content-length-limit/

Most of the fields have 4000 characters limit, but here we have only 1024. I would love to have it increased.

Keymaster
    Haris
    Jedi Master
    Number of posts: 1450

Score

Hi there,

Unfortunately, your request has been declined by our product managers. The reason behind is to keep the database size manageable. The package and signer personal message should really be for very specific instructions to the signer, and not a generic way of displaying info.

Haris Haidary
    OneSpan Technical Consultant
    Participant
    r-mikolajuk
    Number of posts: 26

Score

This is quite odd explanation to me.

The reason behind is to keep the database size manageable.

So I can have a custom field with 4k characters limit, but can’t have a message that long because of the database size?

The package and signer personal message should really be for very specific instructions to the signer, and not a generic way of displaying info.

Low field length limit doesn’t help in keeping those instructions specific. It rather forces them to be general, short and not explanatory enough.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.