This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Duo_Liang 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
    lstuart
    Number of posts: 2

I am playing around with asking signers to answer questions before signing the application to add some fraud mitigation. I added the following:

var packageBuilder = PackageBuilder.NewPackageNamed(signingPackage.Name)
    .WithSettings(DocumentPackageSettingsBuilder.NewDocumentPackageSettings()
    .WithHandOverLinkHref(signingPackage.HandOverLinkHref)
    .WithHandOverLinkText(signingPackage.HandOverLinkText)
    .WithDecline()
    .WithDeclineOther()
    .WithMaxAuthAttempts(5)
    .WithoutOptOut()
    .HideOwnerInPersonDropDown()
    .WithoutDialogOnComplete()
    .WithoutCaptureText()
    .WithoutLanguageDropDown()
    .WithCeremonyLayoutSettings(CeremonyLayoutSettingsBuilder.NewCeremonyLayoutSettings()
    .WithoutGlobalDownloadButton()
    .WithLogoImageSource(signingPackage.LogoUrl)
    .WithoutSessionBar()
    .WithoutGlobalNavigation()
    .WithoutBreadCrumbs()))
    .WithLanguage(Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture)
    .WithAutomaticCompletion();

foreach (var signer in signingPackage.Signers)
    {
    packageBuilder.WithSigner(SignerBuilder.NewSignerWithEmail(signer.Email)
    .ChallengedWithQuestions(ChallengeBuilder.FirstQuestion(“Type in 12345”).Answer(“12345”).SecondQuestion(“test”).Answer(“test”))
    .WithFirstName(signer.FirstName)
    .WithLastName(signer.LastName)
    .WithTitle(signer.DisplayTitle)
    .SigningOrder(signer.SigningOrder)
    .WithCustomId(signer.CustomId));
    }

When I generate the signing package, there are no challenge questions presented, it just goes straight in. Is there something I am missing? do I need to set a flag at the package level, or change an account setting or something. I am comparing my code to the examples in the documentation, and I don’t see anything that jumps out at me.

Participant
    lstuart
    Number of posts: 2

Score

Ok, I figured it out. It turns out that I was using eslClient.SessionService.CreateSessionToken(packageId, signer.CustomId) to get a sessionToken, then I called to {basePath}/access?sessionToken={0}, which I’m guessing means that it is considered it authenticated, and bypasses the questions for authentication. I switched to eslClient.PackageService.GetSigningUrl(packageId, signer.CustomId), and it worked.

Keymaster
    Duo_Liang
    Guru
    Number of posts: 691

Score

hi lstuart,

Glad that you figured it out!
    Yes, your analysis are correct! Per the difference between Links built by sessionToken and SigningUrl, you can also refer to this blog:
    OneSpan Sign Developer: Session, Authentication Token, and Signing Url – Part1
    “If you have configured an Authentication Method (SMS/Q&A/KBA) for your signer and you want this process to validate your signer before his/her getting access to signing ceremony, you would choose to use Signing URL.”

Duo

Duo Liang
    OneSpan Junior Technical Evangelist
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Duo_Liang.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.