This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Haris 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Masi
    Number of posts: 5

Hi Team,

I have Created a package using “REST API” which has two signers , And when any one of the signer is “Decline” the document the other signer status is also getting “Decline”
    Basically i should get the one signer Decline And another “SIGNING_PENDING”

API URL : https://sandbox.e-signlive.ca

Signer Status URL : GET /api/packages/{packageId}/signingStatus?signer={signerId}&document={documentId}

Keymaster
    Haris
    Jedi Master
    Number of posts: 1450

Score

Hi,

This is an expected behavior. Once a signer declines, the package itself is in a declined status. Hence, every signer will have a declined signing status.

Haris Haidary
    OneSpan Technical Consultant
    Participant
    Masi

Score

But this is technically wrong , It should show decline status for that particular signer. Is there any alternate way to identify who has decline the document.

Keymaster
    Haris
    Jedi Master

Score

The simplest way to achieve this would be to setup callback event notifications: https://docs.esignlive.com/content/c_integrator_s_guide/sdk/i_reports_and_logging/event_notifications.htm and listen for the PACKAGE_DECLINE event. The JSON payload sent by our application includes the “sessionUser” field, which aligns with the signer id in the transaction. With this information, you can easily determine who decline the package.

Haris Haidary
    Participant
    Masi

Score

Thanks Haris , But in my case i can’t go for callback events. Is any other way with REST API to get the signers status who has decline the document.

Keymaster
    Haris
    Jedi Master

Score

You can grab the package json and look into the “messages” field.

Haris Haidary
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.