This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  marlon 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author
    marlon
    Number of posts: 12

Hi,

I am trying to integrate the flow into a node application. I am stuck at the add documents/start session stages. I have created a template via the web UI. I am able to create a draft package via the REST API.
    However I don’t know what to do to make a package not a draft. I get This package is in an invalid state for requested action. when trying to start a session with a draft package. I get error.validation.sendPackage.noApprovals when I try to create a Sent package via the rest api.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marlon

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  marlon.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  marlon.
    Keymaster
    Haris
    Jedi Master
    Number of posts: 1419

Score

Hi Marlon,

You will need to change the status of the package to SENT in order to activate the package. You can find how to do so here: https://developer.esignlive.com/forums/topic/sending-a-package-using-the-rest-api/

Haris Haidary
    eSignLive Technical Evangelist
    Participant
    marlon

Score

Thanks Haris

I am going through it at the moment. The signing session works if I created a transaction through the ui, but I am not able to get it to work the creation of the document. I have a few questions

Does the pdf need to be a specific pdf?
    This part options: { filename: { '0': {} }, contentType: null } gives an error path needs to be a string. If I change it to a string, it returns a Missing process definition error. What is meant by process?

Marlon

Keymaster
    Haris
    Jedi Master

Score

What technology are you using to create packages with the REST API?

Haris Haidary
    Participant
    marlon

Score

I am using node.js, I followed the blog.

Keymaster
    Haris
    Jedi Master

Score

In my blog, I used the Document Extraction feature to position the signatures. If you use another document, then your payload will have to modified accordingly. Have a look at this guide for a sample json that positions signatures using x-y coordinates: https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/quick-start/creating-and-sending-a-package-rest/

Haris Haidary
    Participant
    marlon

Score

Thanks

Participant
    marlon

Score

Hi Haris,

Thanks for all your help, I am able to create a document by uploading a pdf, when I do the default eSignLive consent pdf is added as well. Is there a way of not adding this?

Marlon

Keymaster
    Haris
    Jedi Master

Score

Hi Marlon,

Yes, this is an account configuration. You will need to send support a request to have the default-consent turned off.

support@esignlive.com

Haris Haidary
    Participant
    marlon

Score

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.