This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Duo_Liang 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    gtawaf
    Number of posts: 22

We have a flow in my system where you can delegate a signing to another person that is not in our system.
    You need to provide us with their email address and we send them a token where they can Initialise the document.
    I was wondering if there is away to make the initials into a input type if singer first and last name are not available.

Thanks

Keymaster
    Duo_Liang
    Guru
    Number of posts: 608
    Approved answer

Score

Hi Gamal,

Currently, Fields type related to signer information are Signing Date, Signer Name, Signer Title, Signer Company. So there’s no directly field inputing initials of signer.

There’re few Enhancement Requests on extending these field types, but these ERs are temporary candidates.

Like I mentioned in another thread, as a workaround, if you have to change signer and the corresponding document content due to your flow, you can put a label field and pre-inject values for your signer before you sending them tokens. The defect of this workaround is, the label fields can be edited during signing ceremony.

Duo

Duo Liang
    OneSpan Junior Technical Evangelist
    Participant
    gtawaf
    Number of posts: 22

Score

so the issue is I want that initials to be their signture, so how can I achieve this through textfields?

Keymaster
    Duo_Liang
    Guru
    Number of posts: 608

Score

Hi Gamal,

If you want the initials to be signature rather than label/text field, there’s an “Initials” signature type which directly allows you to do so. There’s a separate field button in web UI or you can add an “Click-to-Initial” signature with below REST method:

HTTP Request
    POST /api/packages/{packageId}/documents/{documentId}/approvals

HTTP Headers
    Accept: application/json
    Content-Type: application/json
    Authorization: Basic api_key

Request Payload
    {
      "role": "Signer1",
      "id": "signature1",
      "fields": [
        {
          "top": 510,
          "left": 215,
          "width": 200,
          "height": 50,
          "page": 0,
          "type": "SIGNATURE",
          "subtype": "INITIALS"
        }
      ]
    }

Duo

Duo Liang
    OneSpan Junior Technical Evangelist

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.