This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Duo_Liang 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    jmramirezo
    Number of posts: 5

Hi.

I have just started working with the API and the .NET SDK, because I wasn’t able to add another signer from the sandbox WEB UI to a recently created transaction.

This just occurs when one or more of the recipients have already signed the document.

I tried to achieve this using the .NET SDK (you can find my code snippet attached) and even with the API directly, but I get an HTTP Internal server error.

I wonder if this is really impossible, as I don’t know the workflow of the system, or if there’s another way to achieve this.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster
    Duo_Liang
    Guru
    Number of posts: 608
    Approved answer

Score

Hi there,

I just did a quick test, and it seems you can add signer to a partially signed transaction, but you can’t add signature to existing documents which has already been started to sign (including default consent document).
    So it’s less meaningful to add a new signer to a partially signed transaction, unless you add new documents and add signatures to these new documents.

Can you share more about your use case and workflow about why you want to add signer to a partially signed transaction so that I can try to find some workaround for you?

Hope this could help!
    Duo

Duo Liang
    OneSpan Junior Technical Evangelist
    Participant
    jmramirezo
    Number of posts: 5

Score

That’s really helpful!

I was looking to add new signatures to an existing signed document, but your solution it’s enough to achieve what I’m trying to do right now.

Thank you so much!

Keymaster
    Duo_Liang
    Guru
    Number of posts: 608

Score

Glad to help! Just let us know if you have any other issues. 🙂

Duo

Duo Liang
    OneSpan Junior Technical Evangelist

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.